Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Have You Seen "My Big Redneck Wedding?"

Oh.My.

If you've missed this show on CMT- you have to check it out. The Mr. and I sat with dropped jaws watching this show. The couple, a mere 18 and 19 years old, had their bridal party dressed in camo (according to the couple many people live solely off what they hunt, so wanted to pay homage to that). The groom wore a camo sports jacket. The bride- an emerald green prom type dress with a green tinted veil (she did have a beautiful wildflower bouquet though). The food for the reception consisted of spam (I'm pretty sure that's what it was) and other homemade pickled goodies- the close ups of which made it look oh so NOT appetizing. The highlight? A bottle rocket fight amongst the groomsmen the night before the wedding. Yep, always a good idea, as 2nd degree burns are so much fun.

I can't decide if this show is serious about the weddings that its highlighting, or if it's "pokin' fun at the rednecks", but it certainly provides entertainment for the half-hour its on. Part of me feels that they made a joke of the wedding, but after reading their blog over on the CMT website, I can't help but wonder if this is what they're really like. Either way- I hope this young couple can make it through the next few years of their lives (which include college) without much trouble and I wish them a happily ever after.

Upcoming episodes feature a couple with a beer can archway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obvious spam, mean comments or links that are really advertising will be deleted. Play nice :)