Thursday, October 26, 2006

Do You Have a Wedding Story?

Being in the wedding business, many people ask me about my wedding. My wedding dress, a beautiful velvet and silk combination with an incredible brocade, was created by Jane Booke. It was ridiculously expensive, but I knew it was "the one" as soon as I saw it on (and of course, my mother cried...so I knew it had to be good). The theme of my wedding was a renaissance/garden reception. We had a huge white tent, flowers were everywhere, and our dance floor was surrounded on three sides with a split-rail fence and even more flowers and white lights. We didn't really incorporate any wedding rituals into our wedding, opting instead to have the wedding party dance all together after our first dance and foregoing the usual parental dances (we just wanted everyone to start having fun). Family and friends will still tell us, 7 years later and at other weddings, what a wonderful time they had at our wedding. Our goal was fun and we definitely achieved it. Send in your stories and we might publish them here. We're looking for specifically for themed weddings and unusual ways you might have incorporated that theme! Email them here.

Technorati Tags: Weddings Wedding Trends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obvious spam, mean comments or links that are really advertising will be deleted. Play nice :)