Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fifty Years Later

Yesterday, I was looking for a unique background for some very cool save the dates that are based on a 1766 map of Charleston, SC, and thought immediately of my grandmother's wedding album. She loaned it to me for a project a while ago, so I took it down and started flipping through it. There are so many awesome pictures in there, a real feast for the eyes (they were married in 1949). But one picture in particular caught my eye:



and thought to myself, how interesting. Because almost 50 years later, there's me:



We we're married just a few months shy of my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. This year would've been year 60 for them, but my grandfather passed away last spring. I think it's amazing that they were together for so long (and still together in spirit)...a true inspiration to married couples everywhere on this upcoming Valentine's Day.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obvious spam, mean comments or links that are really advertising will be deleted. Play nice :)