Wednesday, December 05, 2007

My Favorite Wedding Movies

I figured it's time to make a list. I've got lists for everything else- who's coming over which date for the holidays, what we're making, where we're going...so why not something that's more fun to do?

"The Runaway Bride" because Julia Roberts and Richard Gere are just having too much fun not to like this movie

"The Wedding Planner" because, while I'm sure it's completely unrealistic, it does have Matthew McConaughey

"The Princess Bride" because of the ROUSes, the "Dread" Pirate Roberts, Miracle Max and a happy ending

"The Wedding Singer" because Adam Sandler's songs in that movie we're awesome, plus the whole 80s thing ("Honey, look someone just shot JR!") it's classic.

"Four Weddings and a Funeral" because I laughed, cried and it had Hugh Grant, back when he was a cutie

"Father of the Bride"- I haven't seen the original Spencer Tracy movies (shame on me) but Steve Martin is wonderful in these movies, and I cry and the end, every single time.


Not so good wedding movies:
"My Best Friend's Wedding" because "Kimmie" couldn't have been more annoying

"My Big Fat Greek Wedding" because, maybe I just didn't get it, but I didn't think it was that good or funny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obvious spam, mean comments or links that are really advertising will be deleted. Play nice :)