Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Wedding Book Review: Exes and Ohs by Beth Kendrick

So, when I'm not assembling invitations, working on the website or hanging out with the fam, I'm usually reading. It's one of the reasons my laundry tends to get piled up, or the dishwasher remains un-emptied a little longer than it should. It's also why I don't write a lot here...there's always a good book to be had, and usually I write up reviews at my book review blog. But, as this review is wedding related, I thought I would post about it here.

Gwen Traynor is a child psychologist who was dumped the night before her wedding. With a deep mistrust of men and an inability to get over it, she's wary of dating again. But when she meets Alex Coughlin, she slowly changes her mind. He's handsome, attentive and seemingly perfect.

So what does he have to do with one of her latest clients? A sweet, smart little boy?

As it turns out, a WHOLE lot.


Little Leo's mother is a soap star- and a slightly off-balanced one at that, and the more Gwen learns about Leo, his mother and Leo's absent father, she begins to wonder if life will ever be the same again.

"Exes and Ohs" is a cute book, though I was sort-of surprised by the happy ending. For some reason I expected the main character would end up alone but stronger for the experience and finally over being jilted. But the author ended up for a pat, happy ending which was ok (though other elements of the ending were almost just as surprising). But it's a good book and will keep your mind off any wedding stress you might be feeling as you try and plan your wedding.


Technorati Tags: Weddings Wedding Trends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Obvious spam, mean comments or links that are really advertising will be deleted. Play nice :)